I love making my own granola mixes and bars. This week I made a peanut butter version that I really like! It's been my mid morning snack along with some fresh fruit. It's really easy. I hope you'll give it a try!
Peanut Butter Granola
- 2/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, honey and cinnamon; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Place oats in a large, shallow roasting pan or a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Pour warm peanut butter mixture over oats and stir gently until oats are coated. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off oven.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cover raisins in boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes; drain well. Stir raisins, nuts and figs into baked mixture. Return to oven and let dry 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Store in covered containers.