Everything around here is still covered in snow so I figured I should make a treat that is too. Check it out:
Snow Covered Crunch Bars
- 1 (1 pound 1.5 ounce) pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Chex type cereal
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, or as needed
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch or 2 9'x9' square baking pans with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, 1/2 cup butter and egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, melt chocolate chips and the remaining 1/2 cup butter (I used the microwave) until melted and smooth. Add peanut butter; mix until well blended.
- Place cereal in a plastic bag. Using your hands, gently break cereal into small pieces. Gently stir cereal into chocolate mixture until cereal is coated. Spread cereal mixture evenly over cookie crust; gently press. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until bars are set. Cut into bars to serve.